2011/03/21

"Triangle-prop Style" analysis

Poet-GFA  03,2011 see the whole production here

This Style, I call Triangle-prop Style. Its the result of combine form and element. For the Letters I liked to chose a more dynamic form. The triangle form is kind of oldschool and classic for me, alot of nice letter innovations were build up on that form, i guess because of its dynamic look and the tension of the three sides that suggest a kind of movement, simple executed in a raw form.
So i used the traingle form wich fits good to the letters of the name Poet, but this time i wanted them only on the top of the letter,like a roof. Normally people do mirror the top triangle down, so that you get a diamond form out, for the whole letter. I marked this cut with pink dots in the middle of the name. Down under the line i tryed to work mainly with only one classic element in different form and size. Even if the top of the letters is really stiff, I get a lot of movement or I think maybe even hektic in the bottom of the letters. The dotted pink line in the middle is for the letters like water, where the head looks up an the body is swimming down under like a dog.
To let the letters not to be so naked i added some Forms and arrows to get more weight (numbered 1). By number 2 , I had also the idea of just closing the space to get a more unique form of the P, but i didnt execute that on the wall, i dont know it didnt work on the wall with the colors, like it worked on the sketch.
On the letter T,  I get back more to that diamond form by using more layers of elements and arrows, but also tryed to get a kind of more organiced confusion with a big cut out on top of the T.
In the end for me personal it was importent to work and keep it in a simple style form, with classical elements to have that connection from past and present, history wise.

Iam sorry for my bad english but its not so easy to explain my thoughts in another language, it feels kind of limited when it comes to a explanation or analysis.
cheers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen